vendredi 23 avril 2010

Why are we all sick?

So I've missed a lot of days this year due to being sick, and so have many other people. But why is this happening? In my Kinesiology class, we are studying the nutrition unit, and it's really making me realize why so many people are unhealthy. Although their can be many reasons linked to this situation. Take me for example. First off, I'm a smoker. Smoking can cause so many problems to the body because in every smoke, there is approximately 4000 chemicals, and hundreds that are toxic. One of the sickness's that I've had due to smoking was bronchitis. This happens when your lungs are swollen and full of flem. Another problem that smoking causes is a lower immune system because the carbon monoxide in cigarettes attaches to our red blood cells and then those cells that were affected can't carry the proper amount of oxygen, so when I'm sick, my body can't heal as fast because my cells are deprived of oxygen. Another problem that causes low immune system is unhealthy eating habits. Most of the population, especially minorities, have really bad eating habits for many different reasons, but the most common is financial problems. Fast food is so much cheaper then healthy foods, and that's why most people feel they can get more out of it, but in reality, they're only making things worse for themselves in the future which in turn will lead to spending more money. For me, I've been brought up on unhealthy eating and so by this point, that's all I want to eat, but it's causing several consequences. For a human body to function properly, we need 3 essentiels elements that our body's can,t produce on their own, protein, sugar and fat. We need all these elements but in moderate quantities and most people don,t follow this. Something needs to be done soon to help communities everywhere, or soon, most of the population will be severely unhealthy, and eventually, everyone will be sick or dead. To be healthy, we need to put a lot of effort, but that's the consequence for living healthy and for a long time. You make the choice!...

2 commentaires:

  1. Good blog hun,
    but I don`t agree that fast fods are cheaper then healthy foods what so ever.

    I think some people may see it that way because they were not brought up eating all of these junk and fast foods.

    But typically your budget would end up overloading if you lived off of fast food. An average person`s meal at a fast food restaurant is usualy 5-15$. In a day, a person with a regular schedule should eat three times a day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

    If you were to live off of fast foods, You would be paying approx. 1825$-5475$ per year, that is excluding other produce expanses.

    Although if you are buying your own nutriments and foods, you are paying alot less to eat every week, couple weeks... And you are getting 5-10 times more food than at a fast food restaurant. You will buy a hamburger meal for 10$ yet you`ll pay 20$, for 15-20 healthy, low fat hamburger patties at the superstore.

    How much would you pay for 15-20 meals at a fast food restaurant though?

    LOL around $150-$200!

    And those 20 patties you bought at the supermarket, will last you a while, and you can cook them on the barbecue, or fry them, and be eating so much less fat and carbs!¸

    Ok I wrote enough, I think I`ll stop here lol.

    Loved the blog =) KEEP BLOGGIN`!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. OOPS sorry, If you were living off fast foods you would be paying $5475-$16425!!! PER YEAR!

    Some people barely make 16k a YEAR!!!

    I messed up on the other comment, because you eat three times a day, I only calculated 1 time.

    Imagine spending 16 thousand a year on fast food!...

    And probably ending up dying of a heart attack unless you are Jesus.

    Ok, I`m done, good blog!

    RépondreSupprimer