
Yesterday night, I was watching an episode of CSI Las Vegas. The episode was about a girl, who was formaly a model. In this episode, you see how models are really treated. They are forced to maintain an unhealthy weight which is portrayed as "beautiful", and if they are not what they consider "beautiful" then they are fired. During their times as models, they developpe so many different kinds of diseases, such as anorexia, bolimia and other psychological disorders. In the episode that I had watched, the girl was so convinced that she had to be semetricaly even everywhere, or else she was not beautiful. This girl would binge on food, write down the amount of calories, fat, and all that stuff and then she would calculate the exact amount that she put in her body and then she would calculate the exact amount that needed to come out. So she would throw up. But it didn't stop there. She would then weigh her puke up to make sure that the exact amount was evacuated. This girl had so many problems. She was even crazyer then that. After she was fired, she was so convinced that she was ugly, that she started picking at her face with beauty tools to make it the way she wanted, but she never got what she wanted. Eventually, she ended up digging so far into her whole face that she ended up bleeding to death. I'm sure that this stuff happens in real life too. The pressures of being beautiful is so severe these days and that's all that most people care about. How does being beautiful make you happy? How can looks give you everything you want in life? It can't. I feel so bad for all these people who think this way and I wish there was something that could be done to help them...
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire