jeudi 1 avril 2010

My first car


So, last weekend I bought my first car. It's a green 1996 Pontiac Grand Am. It runs pretty good but the only problem is i'm a little too short, but that could be fixed. I'm not able to drive the car yet because I havn't gotten any insurance or plates on the car, so I decided to look up how much it would be. Since I went to driving school my insurance won't be as high as most people, but it still won't be that easy. My insurance would cost me about $275/month, then the plates would cost $75 and then the E test would cost about $40. So in total just to get it running would cost around $400 and it cost me $800 for the car. On top of that, if anything goes wrong I have to pay for the repairs. I never realized how much money was needed to have a car or the processes to be able to drive it. Having a car is a big responsability and it's not that easy to have one. I hope that I'm able to keep up with it and take on a new chapter in my life. Although all the disavantages of having a car, I know it'll be worth it when I really want to go somewhere. At least know I don't have to ask my mom to use her car everytime I want to go out and when the summer time comes, I'll be able to go anywhere I want for as long as I want. Having my own car will be great, but let's hope that I can take on the responsability!

5 commentaires:

  1. 275$ is a pretty good price for insurance. Youre lucky. I was in a huge at fault car accident with over 10,000$ of damage. I went to look for fun, for a quote on my insurance and it would be 400 dollars for me. I didn't think being in an accident would cost me so much. Now I am stuck for a good three years without a car because of a stupid accident that I wish I could erase.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Cars are a money pit­. Its amazing being able to drive wherever you want to go, but it ends up costing a fortune! Congrats on the wheels! Try to control the road rage!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I`m happy and I love it even though it`s not a Lamborghini lol, can`t wait till we have our car on the road. Good blog sweetcheeks!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Buying and owning your own car is definitely a big responsibility, but think about it as being an achievement and an accomplishment. Having your own car that you bought and support with your own money gives you a sense of independence and of being a grown up. If you take really good care of your car, then it won’t be a “money pit” since it won’t need a lot of repairs that cost a lot of money.

    Leisa Dreps

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I admire that you are looking forward to being a car owner. Having a positive attitude about buying and driving your own car is an important factor of how responsible you’ll be as its owner. I hope you’ve been able to maintain this car and have been enjoying it to the fullest!

    Ellsworth Mciltrot

    RépondreSupprimer