mercredi 5 mai 2010

Exciting week- Getting the car ready to run

So this week is going to be an exciting one, for a few reasons. On the weekend, the mechanic took our car to the shop to get the E- test and Safety test done. While doing so, they found out that the car needed to have the brake lines fixed because they were starting to rust and this could cause damage in the future.

He told us that the car passed all the test, which would cost around $100 for both, and today we're waiting to go get the car after they're done fixing the brake lines. The brake lines will cost around $500 to fix, which is quite a lot. So in total, this visit will cost us about $600-$700.

After all that, Thursday, we have an appointment with the Insurance company so that I can get Insurance. My Insurance will cost about $275/month, but first we have to pay first and last, so that'll be around $550-$600.

After that, on Saturday, we're going to go get plates for the car. The plates will cost about $75.
I never realised how much a car would cost to get it running. In the past 2 months, I'll be spending around $1500 to have a car, and that's not even counting the insurance payment every month. Even though it cost so much to have a car, I'll be so happy when I have it.

Paying all that money to have a car will be all worth it when I'm able to go on trips with my boyfriend and do whatever we want. Finaly we will be free and be able to have the best time of our lives. And you know what that also means. MORE TRIPS TO WONDERLAND!... AND QUÉBEC! WOOHOO!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire